||Thesis name：The Industry Study and Business Strategy Analysis of Copier Retail and|
Service In Shanghai
School: School of Management National Central University
Student: Shao Yung Hwa Professor: Dr Lin Ming-ji
Content and summary of the thesis:
In Shanghai, it takes the copier retail and service industry only eleven years, starting from 1996 to 2007, to develop into the mature stage for the whole industry life cycle. Taiwan, however, spends thirty years to complete the sample development process as Shanghai did. This phenomenon belongs to the character of China market, which is neither being expected by the local industry players nor the ones in Taiwan.
This study focuses on the companies with their revenue generating from Shanghai copier retail and service. We collect the secondary data and staff interviews as our main materials and apply the strategy matrix analysis to understand the current development in the industry.
Regarding the industry research method, “Five Forces Analysis” and “Industry Analysis Matrix” are the principal axes in our study. By further description of the content for each strategic point as well as its past and future trend analysis, it helps us understand the main characters, trends and the key success factors in Shanghai copier retail and service industry.
In our case studies, we select three companies as representatives of the management model. Through “strategic posture approach”, we can understand the development process and the strategies of each company. We would suggest the suitable future development strategies for each selected company based on their capabilities and resource choices in our final section.
In the end, we find some special phenomena and conclude as below:
1: "Low-Cost Strategy" and "Quality Guarantee Strategy" are the most important strategies in the copier retail and service industry.
2: The presence of internet leads to tremendous changes in the industry, both on products or competitors.
3: "Funds", "Brand" and "Innovation" are the key success factors for the industry in the future.
5.陳營基，2007。中國PU 木器塗料之LFT-PU 固化劑產業分析與事業策略研究，國立中央大學管理學院EMBA 未出版碩士論文。
1. Andrew, K. R., 1987. The concepts of Corporate Strategy, 3rded. Homewood III，Irwin, p.13.
2. Ansoff H. Igor, 1965. Corporate Strategy, New York, McGraw-Hill.
3. Hamel G. and Prahalad, C. K. 1994. Competing for the Future, Cambridge, Mass : Harvard Business School Press, 1994.
4. Hill, C. W. L. and Jones, G. R., 2002. Strategy Management Theory, 6th/e , mass. Boston : Houghton Mifflin Company.
5. Hofer, C. W., 1975. Toward a Contingency Theory of Business Strategy, Academy of Management Journal, 18, pp784-810.
6. Hofer, C. W. and Schendel, D., 1997. Strategy Formulation : Analytical Concept, St. Paul, Min : west.
7. Porter, M. E., 1980. Competitive Strategy Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors, Free Press, New York.
8. Porter, M. E., 1985. Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, New York, Free Press.
9. Yin R. K., 1994. Case Study Research: Design and Method.